One of our D3boards.com posters put together an amazingly detailed description of this play, but the brief synopsis is as follows:
UW-Whitewater running back Levell Coppage scores the game-clinching touchdown after shaking off a tackler in the backfield and making another miss before getting into the end zone.
We solicit video of top plays from every Division III football program and this was our top clip.
Week 13 Play of the Week finalists
- Mount Union running back Jeremy Murray goes for 81 yards on the Purple Raiders' first play from scrimmage to give the Purple Raiders a 7-0 lead against Delaware Valley. Watch
- Trine's Jeff Langley takes a last-second pitch from Eric Watt into the end zone for a touchdown to tie the game against No. 1 UW-Whitewater 17-17. Stick with it -- the last view is the best. Watch
- Leo Gutierrez dives into the end zone to end the scoring in Mary Hardin-Baylor's 69-7 win against Thomas More. Watch
- Ellis Krout brings down a one-handed grab as Wesley routs Montclair State. From longer WDEL highlight video. Watch
- Mary Hardin-Baylor's Damian Davis brings down a touchdown pass on the last play of the first half to give the Cru a 38-0 lead on Thomas More. Watch
You can see even more top plays on the D3sports.com YouTube channel.