Coming down with the win
Hope defensive back Kirby Crook ends a back-and-forth game with emphasis, as he intercepts Olivet's pass in the end zone to seal Hope's 42-35 win in overtime on Saturday, Oct. 18, 2014. It's the D3football.com Play of the Week.
We solicit video of top plays from every Division III football program and this was our top clip.
Week 7 Play of the Week finalists
It was a very balanced week in our voting and there are several plays which all deserved extra mention:
- Zachary Fleming makes a one-handed snag of an interception for Western New England, keeping Union from cutting the Golden Bears' lead to one score just before halftime. WNE went on to win 36-14. Watch
- Does this look at all familar? Stevenson pulls a page from the Huntingdon playbook, like last week's Play of the Week without the spin move by the receiver. That's Jeff Farrah to Trey Lee to Seth Jordan back to Farrah and a 43-yard heave to Austin Tennessee. Watch
- After taking a pitch, Case receiver Brendan Lynch finds tight end Ethan Albers downfield for a 23-yard touchdown pass in the Spartans' 33-19 win vs. Geneva. Watch
- Darin Kamealoha has the ball bounce right back into his hands and turns it into a gain for in Pacific's 31-28 win vs. Pacific Lutheran. The pass was thrown wide and tipped, bounced off of Pacific Lutheran's Shawn Bowen and back into Kamealoha's hands. Watch
- Jonathan Marrero keeps it on the option for Springfield and gets some help down the field en route to an 87-yard touchdown run. Watch
- When you score 73 points, they come in many forms. Here Methodist quarterback Max Reber flips a pass over a LaGrange defender to hit Jaylin Robinson for one of his six passing touchdowns. Watch
You can see more nominated plays on our Week 7 highlights playlist below, and even more top plays on the D3sports.com YouTube channel.
Week 7 Play of the Week nominees
Use the forward and back buttons to scroll through the full list below.