Time of Poss.
MOUNT BERRY, Ga. – Remaining undefeated on the year, the Berry College football team upended Rhodes College 34-13 on Saturday night.
Two first quarter touchdown passes from Slade Dale to Mason Kinsey gave Berry an early 14-0 lead. Rhodes then scored their only touchdown of the first half with nine minutes left in the second quarter, cutting the lead to 14-7. A 27-yard field goal from Trey Gregory with just over four and a half minutes left in the second quarter tacked an additional three points on Berry's lead, leaving the Vikings ahead 17-7 going into halftime.
With three and a half let to play in the third quarter, Bryson Lamboy tipped a Settles pass at his own 12 yard line and picked it off to silence a nine play, 68-yard drive by the Lynx. Berry quarterback Tate Adcock then connected with Mason Kinsey on a 69-yard passing touchdown to push Berry's lead to 24-7. Adcock then found Trey Ciresi in the end zone for the second score of the quarter with just under 30 seconds left to play, giving the Vikings' a 31-7 lead going into the final 15 minutes of play. The Lynx scored their final touchdown of the game with just under 10 minutes left in the fourth quarter, and a missed two-point conversion attempt left the score at 31-13. Berry then finished the game with an additional Gregory field goal, ensuring the 34-13 victory.
BERRY STATISTICAL STANDOUTS:
- Dale: 11-25, 183 PASS YDS, 2 TD, 44 RUSH YDS
- Adcock: 3-3, 110 YDS, 2 TD
- Jacob Collins: 16 ATT, 138 YDS
- Kinsey: 5 REC, 123 YDS, 3 TD
- Ciresi: 7 REC, 133 YDS, TD
- Gregory: 2-2 FG, 4-4 XP
- Jonathon Fisher: 7 TKL
RHODES STATISTICAL STANDOUTS:
- PJ Settles: 19-38, 272 YDS
- Alex Chavez: 10 ATT, 41 YDS
- Josh Loud: 8 REC, 139 YDS
- D'On Coofer: 8 TK, 2 SACKS, 2 TFL
- Berry set a program record with 530 yards of total offense.
- Mason Kinsey also tied a program record with three receiving touchdowns.
- With the win, Berry improves to a perfect 3-0 overall, as well as 1-0 in the SAA.
- Rhodes falls to 1-2 and 0-1.
- Currently Berry and Centre are the only 3-0 teams in the SAA. The two play at Valhalla next week.
Berry will host Centre College in their next SAA matchup on Saturday, Sept. 23 at 6:00 p.m.