MOUNT BERRY, Ga. - Quarterback Slade Dale was dominant in the the Vikings' 28-21 win over the Chicago Maroons on Saturday afternoon, racking up 319 total yards and two touchdowns in just over one half of play.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Chicago controlled the first half, heading into the locker room with a 14-0 lead off of running back Chandler Carroll's two scores.
- Coming out of the half, the Vikings tied the game in under three minutes, first with a 20-yard scamper by Slade Dale. Then, Mamadou Soumahoro stripped Chicago quarterback Burke Moser and returned the fumble 14 yards for another score.
- With the game still tied heading into the fourth quarter of play, Austin Lowe tacked on a one-yard touchdown after a seven play, 60 yard drive.
- Chicago answered when Burke Moser connected with Trevor Anderson for 15 yards.
- The game winner came at the hands of Tristen Cline, who hauled in his first touchdown reception of his career off of a 30-yard shot from Slade Dale.
- Malcholm Graham added his third interception of the year with under four minutes to play to help seal the victory.
BERRY STATISTICAL STANDOUTS:
- Slade Dale: 12-15, 319 total yards, 2 TDs, 1 INT
- Austin Lowe: 19 att, 56 yards, 1 TD
- Trey Ciresi: 4 rec, 73 yards
- Matt Farinella: 13 tackles, 1 tackle-for-loss
- Mamadou Soumahoro: 4 tackles, 1 sack, 1 fumble recovery, TD
CHICAGO STATISTICAL STANDOUTS:
- Burke Moser: 43-76, 383 yarsd, 2 TD, 1 INT
- Chandler Carroll: 14 att, 57 total yards, 1 TD
- Dante Nepa: 10 rec, 103 yards
- Trevor Anderson: 3 rec, 45 yards, 1 TD
- Jackson Garrey: 11 tackles, 1 tackle-for-loss
- Grany Byrne: 8 tackles, 1.5 tackles-for-loss
- Coming into the game, Chandler Carroll led the SAA in average yards per game with 121. The Vikings defense held him to just 21 yards rushing.
- Burke Moser broke two SAA records with 43 completions on 76 attempts. Both are new conference records.
- Mamadou Soumahoro now has eight sacks on the year and continues to lead the SAA and be one of the elite in NCAA DIII.
- The Vikings have not lost a game in Valhalla since Nov. 14, 2015.
- The Vikings will head to Conway, Ark., on October 15 for a huge conference matchup against the SAA-leading Hendrix Warriors.