More news about: Berry
Sep 08, 2018
LAGRANGE, Ga. — The No. 20 Berry College football team earned a hard-fought 34-21 victory over the LaGrange Panthers on Saturday night, improving to 2-0 for the third straight year.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The Vikings jumped out to a quick 13-0 lead in the opening quarter
- LaGrange answered with just over two minutes remaining in the opening period with a 22-yard strike from Kelly Hall to Austin Sapp.
- The Panthers pulled to within one point in the second quarter, off a touchdown run from La'Kel hood.
- Late in the second, Berry was set up with a short field. The Vikings capitalized with a 6-yard touchdown pass from Tate Adcock to Mason Kinsey.
- The Vikings then sent Kinsey on a rare rushing attempt, which he took 32-yards for a score. Berry led 27-14.
- LaGrange answered early in the fourth quarter with a 54-yard touchdown reception from DJ Owens.
- With the Panthers driving in the fourth, A.M. Harris intercepted Kelly Hall at the LaGrange 47-yard line. Adcock connected with Kinsey again in the corner of the end zone for a 23-yard score, putting the game out of reach 34-21.
- Berry racked up 480 total yards of offense and held LaGrange to just four yards on the ground.
- The Vikings also forced four takeaways.
- Tate Adcock: 14-20, 176 YDS, 4 TDs
- CJ Stone: 10 ATT, 72 YDS
- Joey Connors: 105 TOT YDS, TD
- Mason Kinsey: 6 REC, 54 YDS, 2 TDs
- Mark Sommerville: 5 TKL, INT
- Bryson Lamboy: 5 TKL, SACK
- Adcock's four touchdown passes are the most by a Berry quarterback since Dale Jackson in 2014.
- Berry's 270 rushing yards are the most since Oct. 7 of last season when Berry rushed for 296 against Sewanee.
- Berry will open Southern Athletic Association (SAA) competition next Saturday, Sept. 15, at Rhodes. Kickoff is set for 2:00 p.m.