Time of Poss.
EWING, N.J. – William Paterson (0-8, 0-7 NJAC) tied the game in the second quarter, but The College of New Jersey (1-7, 1-6 NJAC) was able to come away with a 24-7 football victory Oct. 27.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- A four-yard pass by freshman quarterback Dave Jachera to junior wide receiver Vinny Guckin made it a 7-0 Lion lead at the 4:07 mark of the opening period.
- The Pioneers tied the score when junior quarterback Tracy Fudge, Jr. connected with sophomore wide receiver Siraj Abdul-Malik for a 69-yard touchdown. Freshman William Oertel, Jr. kicked the extra point for a 7-7 score with 10:41 on the clock in the second quarter.
- Freshman running back Mark Pancini's five-yard carry handed TCNJ a 14-7 edge 1:59 before halftime.
- Freshman Alex DeLeo converted a 19-yard field goal during the third quarter (17-7, 4:23), and Jachera finished the scoring with a fourth-quarter 10-yard carry (24-7, 1:43).
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Fudge was 7-for-14 for 110 yards, one touchdown and two interceptions.
- Freshman running back Kobe Roberts carried 13 times for 36 yards. Abdul-Malik hauled in three passes for 91 yards and a score.
- Senior linebacker Charles Faulkner recorded his fourth straight double-digit tackles total with 15, while junior linebacker Jadrien Travieso and senior defensive back Jordan Hovington both established new career highs with 11 stops apiece. Hovington also forced a fumble, and junior defensive lineman Brandon Yaw made a season-best 10 tackles (1.5 TFL, 1.0 sack). Senior defensive back Matt Olivo added a 43-yard kickoff return and an interception to his eight stops.
- Jachera finished 10-for-16 for 81 yards, one touchdown and one interception for TCNJ, and rushed 19 times for 165 yards and a score. Junior Jack Clevenger caught four passes for 38 yards.
- Three different Lions each recorded four tackles.
- William Paterson finishes a two-game road swing Saturday, Nov. 3, at Southern Virginia at 1:00 p.m.
FOLLOW THE PIONEERS: